This is a common sight after I cut the fabric needed to make the handsew kisslock purses.
I try to eliminate any kind of wastage and make the best out of resources. That doesn’t mean I retain all sorts of clutter. Before you throw anything out, just give it some thoughts if you can reuse or recycle.
Knowing that I can make something useful with these remaining fabric, I refuse to throw them away instantly. Such a pity to just discard these remaining fabric!
I thought of a few things I can make, like, hair accessories or accessories for scrapbooking.
The idea to turn them into fabric buttons seems to be the best option.
So I bought the fabric button kit and experimented with a few buttons. The completed fabric buttons look good!
We can use these fabric buttons in a few ways.
Just to name a few:
1) Add an elastic band makes it into a hair tie.
2) Add a clip makes it into a hair clip.
3) Add a safety pin makes it into a brooch or a badge. You can wear it as a brooch to dress up your attire, to hold your scarf together, or as a cute badge on your collar or accessorise your bag.
3) Sew it onto a no zipper pouch to close the opening.
4) Add a loop and makes it into a ring.
And many more ways you can think of! You can use them on wherever is appropriate.
I will be making a few fabric button sizes and if you want to have a piece of these beautiful fabric that I have used to make the kisslock purses, you can get these fabric buttons in-store soon. Stay tuned on our Facebook page for updates.